What is home care?
- Provides medical assistance in the comfort of your home
- Improves quality of life and reduces hospitalization
- Educates to promote independence and healing
- Offers community resources, meals on wheels, emergency call systems, etc.
- Empowers individuals to live independently in their own homes
Who orders home care?Doctors in hospitals, rehab centers & private doctor offices
Who qualifies for home care?
- After surgery care (new hip repair, heart surgery, etc.)
- Long-term illness (lung/heart disease, diabetes, stroke, etc.)
- Discharged from hospital/rehabilitation centers
- New or uncontrolled illness after doctor’s office visit (high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.)
- Change in mental status (Alzheimer’s, dementia)
- Generalized weakness, difficulty walking, and history of falls, safety issues
Who will care for you in your home?
How long will I qualify for home care?
Duration of care depends on nature of illness & recovery time
How is home care paid for?
- Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross & other insurances
- Insurances evaluated on independent basis
- Private pay
- Cardiac Recovery
- Congestive Heart Failure & Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Program
- Emergency Preparedness Packet
- Diabetic Education Program
- Flu Vaccine Program
- Lymphedema Treatment Program
- Nutritional Counseling Services
- Orthopedics Program (Knee, Hip, Shoulder)
- Ostomy/Incontinence Services
- Pediatric Services
- Spinal Injury Recovery
- Stroke Recovery
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- VitalStim Therapy
- Wound Care
- Community Resources